Our range of Maxi and SuperMaxi bricks has fast become our most popular size format. This cost competitive alternative has been used for all forms of building – from low income housing to superior dwellings, schools, hospitals, libraries in the low, medium and high-rise structures.
Maxis are compatible with conventional face bricks – 2 courses of Maxi brick is the same height as 4 courses of facebrick.
What makes Algoa’s Maxi and SuperMaxi bricks the most popular size format? It’s all about saving time and cost.
- Less mortar as mortar bed is narrower
- Fewer joints per square meter versus the standard 52 joints
- The added height means the wall goes up in a half of the time
- Lighter mass per square meter means less mass on site needs to be moved and transported
- Easier handling compared to conventional 110mm increases speed of laying