DIY Projects FOR HOMEOWNERS
Downloadable DIY project sheets for braais, seating and other home projects.
CLAY BRICK non-technical FACT SHEETS
Learn more about clay brick construction as a property owner and property developer.
- FS02 Walling Materials and passive design (1,006 KB)
- FS04 The Sustainable way to live and build (923 KB)
- FS07 The Lasting Legacy of Clay Brick (1 MB)
- FS14 Don't move, improve (1 MB)
- FS16 Created from nature built to last (1 MB)
- FS17 The science of sustainable buildings (1 MB)
- FS18 Stress free construction projects (1 MB)
- FS19 Clay brick paths and patios (2 MB)
masonry construction TECHNICAL FACT SHEETS
Learn more about clay brick construction as a building contractor.
- TN01 Thermal conductivity of masonry (574 KB)
- TN03 Condensation issues in affordable housing (752 KB)
- TN04 VOCs and air quality in healthy buildings (679 KB)
- TN06 Thermal Resistance & Capacity (645 KB)
- TN14 SANS 10400XA (815 KB)
- TN16 Thermal Mass (573 KB)
- TN17 Recommended practice for cavity wall construction (855 KB)
- TN18 Sustainable Design in Construction (914 KB)
- TN20 Clay vs Concrete -Movement of Masonry (1 MB)
- TN29 UP Thermal Performance Study (880 KB)
- TN21 Accessible clay brick paving for people with disabilities (923 KB)
CLAY BRICK – advanced CONSTRUCTION GUIDES
Sustainability in the clay brick industry
Through its close association with the Clay Brick Association of South Africa, Algoa Brick continually contributes critical research data to the Energy Efficient Clay Brick project to reduce waste, environmental damage and air pollution across South Africa.
Nico Mienie, managing director of Algoa Brick, has been recognised for his lifetime service to the clay brick industry. CBA President Colin Meyer announced:
“Nico has served as the Technical Director of the Clay Brick Association of South Africa for many years, and we have been fortunate to have him as a committed and capable CBA Board member for over two decades.
“With more than 30 years’ experience Nico is currently Managing Director one of the biggest brick factories in the Eastern Cape. The company is known for its innovations in reducing the use of fossil fuels during production through energy-efficient technology.